Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm Gonna Be Rich

Hi, this is me Stretch. I gotta tell you about my leprechaun, he’s small, green and cute with really big eyes. I know he’s a leprechaun because of his color and size. Now I’m gonna be rich as soon as I can get him to tell me where his pot of gold is.

Ellie: Oh, there she goes with another far fetched story that’s NOT true.

Stretch:
As I was saying before I was so RUDELY interrupted, and YES my story is true. I had a hard time catching my leprechaun. I chased him all over the back yard, every time I ‘d get close he’d jump and disappear. See, smarty, that’s another way I KNOW for sure he’s a true, green blooded leprechaun, he can disappear.

Ellie:
Oh brother, no wonder Daddy calls her Stretch Nerd

Stretch:
He does not. He calls me Stretch O. As I was saying. It was a tiring chase but in the end I won. I caught my leprechaun and stuffed him in a jar, and before you say anything Miss Know It All, I poked holes in the lid so he could breath. I’ve tried begging him and catching him when he’s tired thinking he’d just give up and let me have his pot of gold but so far, nothing. He acts like he has no idea what I’m talking about but he’s beginning to wear out and I know it’s just a matter of time before he lets me have it.

Ellie: Where does she come up with these stories, it must be those mushrooms she ate that were growing in the yard.

Stretch:
All Right, I’ll prove to you my leprechaun is real, I took a picture of it. Wanna see?



Ellie: That’s NOT a leprechaun, it’s a FROG!

Stretch: A frog? No wonder he doesn’t have an Irish accent.








Photo Credit: http://www.e-pond.info/green_tree_frog_pictures.html

No comments: