Ellie: Shoot, what's the question.
Stretch: Well, I know last week was Daddy's birthday and you said we had to give him presents. On our birthdays we get presents and we even give Mommy presents on her birthday.
Ellie: Yeah, so what's the problem?
Stretch: Well, Christmas is Jesus' birthday right?
Ellie: Yeah
Stretch: Then how come we get presents? Aren't we suppose to give Him presents, after all it is His birthday?
Ellie: Yeah, but Mommy and Daddy splained that to us. Jesus gave us the bestest present ever. He gave His life for us and then He came back to life again just to show us how much He loved us and when He did that He was telling us that we can trust Him and He will let us be with Him in heaven.
Stretch: OK, but I still don't understand why we don't have to give Him presents on His birthday.
Ellie: That's because He doesn't want a present only on His birthday, He only wants one present from us and we're suppose to give it to Him every day.
Stretch: EVERY DAY!!! That's a bit much to ask for isn't it.
Ellie: Not really when it's the best gift we could give Him and it doesn't cost us any money.
Stretch: You're not going to tell me He wants Chili Pepper are you?
Ellie: No, Jesus only wants us to give Him our love, our trust and our hearts. He wants us to believe that He died for our sins and He came back to life and He will fight for us to be in heaven with him forever and ever.
Stretch: That's all he wants? That's so easy, I already know He loves me because Mommy and Daddy told me so. They said it was in the bible and that was God speaking to us and we know God don't tell no lies so we got to believe that too.
Ellie: Stretch, I think you've finally got it.
Stretch: Yeah, thanks for splaining it to me so easy. I think I'm going to give Jesus His present right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment